Restoring an MPCC Course on Your Moodle Site
- Download backup file from MPCC Courses site (see below if using Moodle 2.5 or earlier)
- Login to the MPCC Courses site (contact your district representative for the login)
- Scroll down to the list of categories and select the subject of your course
- Click on the name of the course to open it.
- Click Download a copy of this course to save a backup file to your computer
- Restore the backup file into your Moodle site
- Login as an admin to the Moodle site for you school/district
- In the Administration block, click Restore
- Click Choose a file to select the backup you downloaded, click and drag it onto the file box
- Click Restore at the bottom of the page
- Follow the prompts to restore the course into a new course (you should only restore into an existing course if it is empty, otherwise things get messy!).
- Enroll teachers into the restored course
- In the new course, go to Users > Enrolled users in the Course Administration block
- Click Enroll users to add one or more teachers
If you have any difficulties please email Jon Fila at email@example.com.
Moodle 2.5 or Earlier
If you are using Moodle 2.5 or earlier you will need alternate backup files from Jon Fila. However, Moodle is no longer supporting version 2.5 and it is recommended that you update your site.
Recommended Moodle Implementation
There is a lot of content in each course, which can be overwhelming to new users or may duplicate content a teacher already uses in their LMS, so it is recommended that you import the MPCC course into its own course, separate from the one a teacher will use with students. By enrolling the teacher into the MPCC course as a teacher, they will have the ability to selectively import activities of their choosing into the course they use with students.