A number of enhancement efforts have been initiated…
- MSP Professional Development: Through a federal grant in coordination with MDE, two online professional development modules, Number Sense and the State of Algebrafication, have been developed. The 30 hour modules are available through the MDE Canvas site. Course are free!
- Open Textbooks: in partnership with the Open Textbook initiative at the U of M Center for Open Education, an e-book formatted version of ELA 12 is being created as a pilot.
- Improving Cultural Relevance: content is being added from a partnership with Cultural Jambalaya, starting with 8th Grade Global Studies.
- Math series: to cover the full range of high school algebra needs, we are connecting the work on Algebra 2 to the Intermediate Algebra course (from Anoka-Hennepin) into a complete series.
- Targeted PD: The Stone Arch Bridge Initiative for Education Resources (SABIER) is a nonprofit looking to support districts interested in professional development and content adaptation in available science courses. Contact Dan McGuire (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your district may be interested.
Going to the Sourcewell Conference?
The MPCC has hosted a booth for the past several years. Stop by to see us, and get your questions answered.
Teacher Implementation Network (TIN)
To connect teachers using MPCC curriculum, we have created an MPCC Digital Curriculum User Contacts list. Please pass this on to teachers and support staff so we can continue to learn more about who is using the materials and how.
Thanks to Karen Johnson and subject area facilitators Mary Kurvers, Dan McGuire, Leah Sickman, Jon Fila and Marc Johnson for getting it started and providing support for teacher use!
We continue to edit courses based on feedback from users.
Work also continues on:
- ELA 7