Going to the TIES Conference?
The MPCC will be well represented with several workshops and sessions. There are sessions to get you more information, help you with implementation or allow time to access and work with a course. Stop by to see us, or look for us Monday afternoon in the lobby area.
Teacher Implementation Network (TIN)
To connect teachers using MPCC curriculum, we have launched the MPCC TIN Google Community. Please pass this on to teachers and support staff so we can continue to learn more about who is using the materials and how. Thanks to Karen Johnson and subject area facilitators Mary Kurvers, Dan McGuire, Leah Sickman, Jon Fila and Marc Johnson for getting it started and providing support for teacher use!
Don’t forget to add to our MPCC Digital Curriculum User Contacts list as well for continuing updates and inquiries.
We are busily working on completing the remaining inaugural courses.
The following will be ready for piloting in January:
- Math 3
- Math 4
- HS Geography
- ELA 8
Work also continues on:
- ELA 7
- HS US History
- HS World History
- HS Earth Science
- Elementary level science and ELA
For Continuing Partners, a number of enhancement efforts are being initiated…
- Open Textbooks: in partnership with the Open Textbook initiative at the U of M Center for Open Education, an e-book formatted version of ELA 12 is being created as a pilot.
- Improving Cultural Relevance: content is being added from a partnership with Cultural Jambalaya, starting with 8th Grade Global Studies.
- Math series: to cover the full range of high school algebra needs, we are connecting the work on Algebra 2 to the Intermediate Algebra course (from Anoka-Hennepin) into a complete series.
- Targeted PD: The Stone Arch Bridge Initiative for Education Resources (SABIER) is a nonprofit looking to support districts interested in professional development and content adaptation in available science courses. Contact Dan McGuire (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your district may be interested.
- Math-Science Partnerships: Through a federal grant in coordination with MDE, a professional development module on Number Sense in Math has been developed, and will be released by MDE later in the year on their Canvas platform. Contact us for a preview.